- This event has passed.
Somatic Self-Compassion for Shame Resilience Online Workshop
Somatic Self-Compassion (SSC) is a skills training program that helps you tap into your motivation for being kind to yourself, teaches you how to soothe emotions in the body, and supports you in an ongoing practice of self-compassion. The Somatic Self-Compassion for Shame Resilience Online Workshop offers
- a short introduction to SSC,
- an introduction to why we feel shame,
- an exploration of how shame feels in our body and why,
- an introduction to the relationship between shame and stress in our body, and
- some practices to take away with you to use in your daily life to help you tune into your body and soothe yourself when you experience shame.
This workshop will be facilitated by Kristy Arbon, the developer of the Somatic Self-Compassion program.
This two-hour workshop will be offered online via a video conferencing platform called Zoom. The workshop will be recorded for you to reference later, and for those of you who can’t make it to the workshop at the time it is offered. Payment for the workshop will cover your attendance, access to the video, and audio recordings of practices you can use at home.
You can find the time of the workshop, in your local timezone (the time your computer is on) here:
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com