I lean on my inner wise woman
and she leans on me.
We hold each other up
but it’s not a picture of power
or fierce feminine energy.
We’re a force you could pretty easily
Could I just lay down for a few years?
We both take a deep breath.
Maybe I could just do data entry
Maybe I could just knit scarves
by the fire
in my rocking chair
with my cats
Maybe we could just settle
We snort a little one-note chuckle.
Who are we kidding?
We’d be bored after one week.
We need community.
We need challenge.
We need growth.
We need connection.
And, sometimes it’s exhausting
but we show up.
OK, she says
I’ll brew the coffee.
I’ll go check with the turtles and the geese
Then we’ll hitch our petticoats up
What else could we do?
Kristy Arbon, August 2018
- Setting Up Your Meditation Space: A place to come home to - September 17, 2021
- Awakening Your Nervous System Through Tapping Practice (15 minutes) - September 12, 2021
- Awareness of Sound (21 minutes) - July 19, 2021
- Podcast Episode 9: Compassion in a T-Shirt: In Session with Kristy Arbon - June 13, 2021
- Somatic Self-Compassion Tree of Practices and Neurochemicals - May 2, 2021