I lean on my inner wise woman
and she leans on me.
We hold each other up
but it’s not a picture of power
or fierce feminine energy.
We’re a force you could pretty easily
Could I just lay down for a few years?
We both take a deep breath.
Maybe I could just do data entry
Maybe I could just knit scarves
by the fire
in my rocking chair
with my cats
Maybe we could just settle
We snort a little one-note chuckle.
Who are we kidding?
We’d be bored after one week.
We need community.
We need challenge.
We need growth.
We need connection.
And, sometimes it’s exhausting
but we show up.
OK, she says
I’ll brew the coffee.
I’ll go check with the turtles and the geese
Then we’ll hitch our petticoats up
What else could we do?
Kristy Arbon, August 2018
- Choose Move and Soothe Tension (20 minutes) - September 29, 2020
- Guilt, shame and blame: Why one of these is healthy - September 29, 2020
- Immersed in a slow-moving river of humanity: Shame and vulnerability as embracer - September 29, 2020
- Aligning Yourself with Your Values through Setting Goals - September 19, 2020
- Attention Restoration Meditations - September 13, 2020