The Online Companion
The MSC Workbook Online Companion is a hybrid self-paced/teacher-supported offering developed by Kristy Arbon through HeartWorks Training to help you navigate your way through The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook created by Chris Germer and Kristin Neff.
As you work through the Workbook, the Online Companion offers a clear structure of videos (both original and curated from the internet), readings, downloadable meditations, a discussion board and other references to enhance your journey.
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported 8-week course designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. MSC was developed by Christopher Germer, PhD, a leader in the integration of mindfulness and psychotherapy and Kristin Neff, PhD, a pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion.The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook contains most of the material offered in a Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) 8-week or intensive training, plus some additional material to enhance your study and practice of self-compassion.
The Online Companion’s Developer
Kristy is a Certified Mindful Self-Compassion teacher who helped Chris and Kristin start up the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion and also contributed to The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook during its development. Kristy has extensive experience in developing online offerings including
- the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy‘s Certificate Program online platform,
- Susan Kaiser-Greenland’s InnerKids Professional Training Program online platform,
- the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion’s teacher support platform and Live Online MSC platform, and
- a number of HeartWorks online offerings including Somatic Self-Compassion Online.
Kristy is passionate about the online environment because it makes material accessible for folks all over the world and it offers rich content in a number of different mediums. Kristy will support you on your journey via email, discussion board posts and one-to-one online meetings if you choose.
Who is this for?
The MSC Workbook Online Companion is for anyone wanting support to deepen their mindfulness and self-compassion study and practice. You might choose to enroll if:
- you have done an MSC course already and are looking for ways to support your ongoing practice;
- you are a MSC teacher looking for extra resources to support your learning and your participants’ learning;
- you are interested in MSC, but have not been to a training; or
- you want to attend a training, and you’d like to check out the material first.
If you’d like your class to have access to this material as well as their own dedicated discussion board in Haiku/PowerSchool Learning, please email email@example.com about bulk registration discounts.
How to get started
You’ll need to purchase The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook yourself.
Please register for the Online Companion program below, choosing your level of registration, and we’ll be in touch shortly to give you access to the website. If you already have a PowerSchool Learning account (the learning management system the Online Companion lives in) please let us know the email address your account is associated with to expedite the process of giving you access to the website.
Please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I look forward to taking this adventure with you!
Finding MSC programs near you
If you prefer to do MSC as a course with other participants online or in person, you can
- find MSC trainings near you on the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion website or
- find MSC trainings (online and in-person) by Kristy on this page.