Below is a selection of short videos. You’re invited to give yourself some space to watch each video and reflect on the feelings evoked by the videos within the context of our discussion on eudaemonic and hedonic wellbeing this week.
- If you felt a spark of wellbeing as you watched each video, which kind of wellbeing/happiness/pleasure is sparked in you:
- eudaemonic – a sense of long-term wellbeing related to values? or
- hedonic – a sense of wellbeing in the moment of pleasure?
- Does that spark relate to one of your values or strengths? If so, which ones?
- If there was no spark, does that make sense to you given what you know about your values and strengths?
- If you felt sensations in your body as you watched, how might you describe them?
- How did your pre-watching and post-watching emotional states compare?