- This event has passed.
Befriending Yourself: One-day Program in Mindful Self-Compassion for Emotional Resilience and Wellbeing
November 13, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically supported program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. Based on pioneering work by US researcher, Kristin Neff and integrated with the clinical perspective of Harvard faculty member, Chris Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult emotions with kindness and understanding. Research indicates that people who are compassionate toward their failings and imperfections experience greater wellbeing than those who repeatedly judge themselves.
During this workshop, participants will:
1. Identify the core components of self-compassion.
2. Learn about the science, research and physiology behind the effectiveness of mindful self-compassion practice.
3. Integrate self-compassion into mindfulness practice.
4. Learn how to include ourselves in our circle of compassion.
5. Collect simple self-compassion and mindfulness tools to use in everyday life.
6. Take away resources for supporting an ongoing mindful self-compassion practice.