Online Teaching Basics Self-Study
March 1, 2021 - March 1, 2022
In this four-session course you’ll get the information you need to start your online course. Designed to get you started quickly, we’ll cover:
- Zoom, Vimeo, YouTube, Email and LMS (Technology);
- Structure, Components, Learning Styles (Content);
- Trauma-Informed Approach and Supporting an Online Community (Pedagogy);
- Timing, Costing, and Promotion
This course is offered in response to demand for efficient ways to get our material online in this age of coronavirus. The four one-hour gatherings took place over one weekend, and were recorded so that you can watch them in your own time. Sessions include a talk, discussion, Q&A, and resources you can take with you. You also have the benefit of email support by Kristy Arbon, the facilitator of this course, to support you as you set up your online course.
Kristy has been managing and teaching online courses since 2012. She created Live Online MSC for the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion and set up online training for the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and Susan Kaiser-Greenland’s Inner Kids Professional Training. Her business is run mostly on online platforms. Kristy offers live courses, self-paced courses, and mentoring online, and is delighted that you can benefit from her years of experience and training.
This program offers three different rates:
- I can help with scholarships: $50
- I’m happy to be here at the middle rate: $40
- I just need a little support in joining the group: $30
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.