Somatic Self-Compassion™ Online
November 24, 2018 - February 23, 2019
Welcome to the Somatic Self-Compassion™ Online (SSCON) 12-week training! I’m so glad that you’re here!
We all want to live our most authentic lives. We all want to be as happy as possible. We all want to have solid tools for managing life’s inevitable stress. Somatic Self-Compassion training is birthed out of a series of understandings about the stressful world we are living in today and addresses that understanding with proven methods for helping us be our most authentic, happy, emotionally well-equipped selves.
you feel out of alignment with your purpose and you want to motivate yourself to realign and act from a place of love;
you feel disconnected from your body and yearn to connect with this source of information, wisdom, permission-giving, nurturing and pleasure;
you feel stressed: you want to understand why and then collect tools to support yourself in the heat of the moment as well as sustainably into the future;
you are tired of putting everyone else’s needs first to the detriment of your own;
you want to forgive your body;
you are ready to define a clear, sustainable, personalized schedule of self-compassion practice for yourself.
Hi, I’m Kristy Arbon, the developer of this program and also your teacher. I have been teaching self-compassion skills to individuals and groups for 5 years, and I developed this program in response to a need for a body-based self-compassion curriculum that uses proven methods to motivate self-compassion practice in daily life and offers an ongoing community to support practice. Self-compassion is my life’s practice and I feel called to service in the HeartWorks community through regular opportunities to connect, practice, and grow with you all.
Intention of the training
Somatic Self-Compassion™ is a body-focussed skills training program offered in a small group setting designed to give you the knowledge and tools to listen to your body and respond with compassion to live more intentionally and easefully in the world. In this non-clinical program (ie not group therapy) training will be offered in three stages, sequenced in a way so that each component builds on the last:
This 4-week block is designed to set the foundation for a self-compassion practice through learning what self-compassion is and how self-compassion practice fits in with your sense of purpose, your goals, your strengths and the ways you can naturally motivate yourself. We will spend time reflecting on our personal preferences and style so that we have a good sense of what we need when we start to work with ways to bring more intentional compassion practices to our daily life.
This 4-week block is designed to introduce you to the body, inform you on ways to develop an understanding of messages from your body, normalize the mechanisms of stress, assist you to practice self-care through self-compassion, and introduce you to sensory modulation.
This 4-week block is designed to support your ongoing self-compassion practice through identifying and fostering sources of personal pleasure and wellbeing, connecting practice to your sense of spirituality, strengthening community bonds for continuing practice connections, and creating rituals for practice beyond our time together in SSCON.
The live gatherings will be Saturdays, 9-11am US Central Time. Here is the time converted to your current local time:
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
We will skip some Saturdays as Kristy is traveling and teaching these weeks. These breaks in the program will give you an opportunity to spend some time deepening your practice through ongoing exercises and meditations while staying connected with the group and your teacher via the online discussion board. Here are the dates of our program:
November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 22 (skipping December 29), January 2019 5, 12, 19, 26 (skipping February 2), February 9, 16, 23.
We will meet on in a video conference platform called Zoom, and connect 24/7 via a companion website that offers readings, research, videos, downloadable meditation recordings, a group discussion board and more!
Training is facilitated through:
- talks, meditations, and exercises lead by the teacher;
- practicing deep listening, dialogue and council circle in the group;
- guided group inquiry;
- opportunities for quiet centering and reflection;
Each week will include:
- a live 2-hour online gathering (the gathering will be recorded so that you can view it later);
- access to the extensive online course library of readings, videos, meditations, and research articles;
- guided discussion board conversations to work through each topic together;
- unlimited email support by your teacher.
What you will get:
- cutting edge theory, concepts and research about the mechanisms of stress and relief in the body;
- a comprehensive toolkit of practices and exercises to set you firmly on the path to being permanently self-compassionate;
- embracement in a stable, ongoing community of like-minded self-compassion practitioners;
- ongoing practice support by your teacher, Kristy Arbon, for as long as you need it.
How you’ll benefit most:
- attend the live 2-hour gatherings or view the recording of the gathering in your own time;
- whenever you can, read pre-gathering material to prepare;
- read posts and contribute to the lively discussion board;
- bring a sincere desire to live in alignment with your purpose, and to understand and tend to your stress.
- Please see the Somatic Self-Compassion Practices on the right side of this page for a taste of Somatic Self-Compassion practices.
- Still want to know more? Sign up to attend a free online information-sharing gathering here.