The MSC Workbook Online Companion is a hybrid self-paced/teacher-supported offering developed by Kristy Arbon to help you navigate your way through the workbook created by Chris Germer and Kristin Neff to share the theory and practice of Mindful Self-Compassion. As you work through the Workbook, the Online Companion offers a clear structure of videos (both original and curated from the internet), readings, downloadable meditations, a discussion board and other references to enhance your journey. Kristy, a certified MSC teacher who has worked with Chris and Kristin since 2012, will support you on your journey via email, discussion board posts and one-to-one online meetings if you choose.
The MSC Workbook contains most of the material offered in a Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) 8-week or intensive training.
Who is this for?
The MSC Workbook Online Companion is for anyone wanting support to deepen their mindfulness and self-compassion study and practice. You might choose to enroll if:
- you have done an MSC course already and are looking for ways to support your ongoing practice;
- you are interested in MSC, but have not been to a training; or
- you want to attend a training, and you’d like to check out the material first.
How to get started
You’ll need to purchase the MSC Workbook yourself, and you can choose the level of support you’d like via the Online Companion:
- sliding scale for access to the HeartWorks MSC Workbook Online Companion learning website (please note this is not an official MSC Workbook website, but an offering created through HeartWorks);
- choice of one-to-one meetings with Kristy to ask questions and to navigate your practice.
Please register below, choosing your level of registration, and we’ll be in touch shortly to give you access to the website. If you already have a PowerSchool Learning account (the learning management system the Online Companion lives in) please let us know the email address your account is associated with to expedite the process of giving you access to the website.
Please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com if you have any questions. I look forward to taking this adventure with you!
If you register for this program in August or September 2018, you’ll find that the Online Companion is a work-in-progress. The MSC Workbook came out in August, and you’re invited to complete one chapter per week, so each chapter you need will be available to you as you need it. The Online Companion will be complete by the end of September 2018.
Finding MSC programs near you
If you prefer to do MSC as a course, you can
- find MSC trainings near you on the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion website or
- MSC trainings (online and in-person) by Kristy on this page.