Are you wanting to bring training to your workplace or local community? Develop your own professional skills in contemplative teaching?
I work with individuals and organizations to create and teach workshops, courses and retreats in:
- mindfulness, and
- meditation facilitation.
Somatic Self-Compassion topics:
- Polyvagal Theory (understanding our threat response and how to tend to it);
- Sensory Modulation (tending to our stress through the senses);
- Interoception (safely connecting with our body signals);
- Neurochemicals of happiness and stress.
The intersection of Buddhism and self-compassion:
- Exploring forgiveness
- Exploring self-forgiveness
- Pain management
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Shame resilience
- Calming perfectionism
- Soothing anxiety
- Easing the inner critic
- Council circle
- Intuition/felt sense
- Socratic dialogue
- Trauma-informed teaching
- Teaching online
- Creating and sustaining a contemplative practice – motivation, setting up, support, technique, attitude, barriers, heartwork;
- Stillness practices – mindfulness, centering, silence, quieting the mind, attention restoration;
- Generative practices – body scan, visualization, beholding, lovingkindness, forgiveness, gratitude, study, savoring;
- Creative practices – contemplative arts, improvisation, music, singing, journaling;
- Activist practices – pilgrimage, work, vigils, bearing witness;
- Relational practices – tending, closing, deep listening, dialogue, story telling, council circle;
- Movement practices – walking meditation, labyrinth, yoga, dance;
- Ritual – establishing sacred space, self-inquiry, retreat, ceremony.
- Drawing on the Maleficent Within: Healing from injustice through inviting our strong woman parts;
- Making Change in Our Community Begins with Compassion for Ourselves: Kuan Yin;
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: A mother goddess of hope and inclusion;
- The 21 aspects of Tara: The spectrum of self-compassion practices.
- 10 years experience in running and teaching retreats and skills training workshops,
- 5 years experience in teaching Mindful Self-Compassion,
- 5 years experience in developing and teaching online contemplative programs,
- 4 years experiencing mentoring Mindful Self-Compassion teachers.
If you are interested in working with me online or in-person, please email me at email@example.com to start a conversation. I look forward to hearing from you!