Are you just starting out building your online business? Taking those first furtive steps into creating and building an online profile? Here are some tips to get you started:
- Take responsibility for your own visibility. Gone are the days of modesty and “waiting for them to find me.” There are so many offerings and personalities online, you need to be willing to get visible. You potential audience is waiting for you to find them!
- Offer free content on social media. Free content is an inroad for folks to sign in to your website, sign up for your newsletter and ultimately pay for one of your offerings.
- People love receiving things for free. We are living in a gift economy and folks are accustomed to online abundance. Offer your community something transformative for free. Experiencing one transformation will lead your community members to want more!
- Consider Facebook Live Video. Offer something transformative in a short live video, include a link to your website and ask folks to opt in for your newsletter. This will help with your visibility. Offering something of value on Facebook Live Video, when done in the right way, positions you as an authority in your field. Let folks know that you are here to solve an issue/problem (their issue/problem) and that you have more solutions up your sleeve!
- Create an opt in on your website where you offer visitors a gift like a handout on how to set up a meditation practice or a video of a guided meditation. This is the Number 1 way to build your community and you can then build a newsletter around that community. Be strategic – offer some of your best, most effective content as a thank you to folks for opting in.
- Have a big photo of yourself on your website homepage. Your community loves to know who they are connecting with before they invest in your offerings.
Enjoy! Be creative! Don’t give in to limiting beliefs!
Is there one of these steps you can take in the next week to help grow your online presence?
Do any of these steps feel daunting for you? If so, would it help to share your thoughts with a peer, a mentor or a friend? It’s likely you are not alone in how you are feeling, and talking about it can support your processing of this fear.
- Somatic Self-Compassion Tree of Practices and Neurochemicals - May 2, 2021
- Podcast Episode 9: Favorite Things on my Morning Walk - January 27, 2021
- Podcast Episode 8: Slow News Days and Companioning the Neutral - January 22, 2021
- Podcast Episode 7: Self-Care as the Shit Hits the Fan - January 6, 2021
- Podcast Episode 6: Highly Sensitive Person’s Guide to Anxiety, Isolation, and Quarantine - January 5, 2021