Tapping is a practice from Emotional Freedom Techniques that might help awaken our nervous system when we are in Overwhelm. Tapping has different effects on different people, so it might feel awakening for some of us, soothing for some of us, and not effective for some of us. For some of us, it may increase anxiety, so please check in with what you are feeling and cease this practice if it is increasing your stress.
In Somatic Self-Compassion, tapping is done without focusing on a particular problem, statement, or emotion. The rationale is that we don’t need to bring our thinking mind in to try to identify, fix, and evaluate our strategy. Tapping is offered simply as a practice that helps us connect with our body through touch and through a comfortable level of pressure, and that may invite our thinking mind to have a rest as we do it.
- Lovingkindness for Ourselves (13 minutes) - November 17, 2021
- Lovingkindness for a Loved One (19 minutes) - November 10, 2021
- Arriving Meditation (9 minutes) - October 20, 2021
- Setting Up Your Meditation Space: A place to come home to - September 17, 2021
- Awakening Your Nervous System Through Tapping Practice (15 minutes) - September 12, 2021